THIS PRESIDENT’S DAY WEEKEND…BRACE YOURSELVES FOR COMPLETE AND TOTAL DREAM CRUSHINGGG ANNIHILATIONNNN!!!!
HEAD ON DOWN TO YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD REDFIN LISTINGS FOR AN OPEN HOUSE EXTRAVAGANZA….OF DOOOOOM!
BATTLE AGAINST MERCILESS HOUSE HUNTERS FOR THE CHANCE AT SCORING THE ULTIMATE CHILL PADDDD.
ONE FREE CAN OF LA CROIX AT THE DOOR WITH THE CHANCE OF SOME BAKED GOODIIIIEZZZZ.
SEE YOUR LOCAL AGENT FOR DETAAAIILZZZZ!!!
I think you get the point now, thank you for letting me unleash my inner Randy Savage. What “Macho Man” is trying to say is Sundays can be bloody, and as much as we might despise Bono, he makes a point.
It can be ruthless out there on your weekend house hunt, and the only way to face it head on is with knowledge and preparedness. Luckily, Redfin has a wonderful little feature that allows you to filter your selections with their “Open House” feature. This will allow you to see what houses you can visit on your own, with or without your agent.
- Start out your search on Redfin by narrowing down the community you would like to scour through. Ex. Venice, California
- To the right of your screen, fill in your budget parameters, bedroom min/max, then select “More Filters.”
- This tab allows you to get more granular with your search as far as the features you are looking for. It also allows you to filter for Open Houses under the “Included Only” section. It even allows you to refine these to the upcoming weekend, which is best when you’re planning your Sunday drive.
- Establish which open houses you would like to visit and make a comprehensive list including their locations, the times they are open until, and some distinguishing indicators that will help remind you what you liked about these individual listings ex. cute shutters, fenced in corner plot, proximity to Taco Bell…
- Talk to your agent and see if they can get you into certain homes that day that may not be listed as open, especially if you’re pressed for time in your search. Many sellers will be flexible and apply a lock box to their house to allow agents to tour buyers through. Also be mindful of your limits and don’t push it if you/your partner are just not feeling it. There are always other weekends.
It can be ruthless out there on your weekend house hunt, and the only way to face it head on is with knowledge and preparedness. This stuff is taxing and exhausting but don’t forget about the excitement of it all, especially if this is your first home purchase. It is fun and strangely eye opening to see how other people live, even when you’re trying to envision yourself in their space.
Every weekend and free moment in our 2016 was dedicated to the hunt. Not every weekend was calculated and planned as outlined above, but those that were ended up being the least stressful. Do yourself this favor and go in with a plan. You are a weekend warrior, and you might impress yourself with your organization.